Your website should be SEO optimized. It’s just that simple. Making sure you show up on Google (and not the 10th page of Google) can earn you visitors from desktop, mobile, and even foot traffic to a brick and mortar location. Before we jump into the SEO stats you need to know, let’s get the basic question out of the way.
What Is SEO?
Instead of targeting paid traffic, Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing a website to increase organic traffic. This increase isn’t something that will happen overnight, it’s something that requires dedication. It also doesn’t just increase quantity, it can also bring in higher quality leads, those who are more likely to actually make a purchase or become your next client.
Alright, let’s get into what you’re here for:
Mobile SEO Stats
- People search for nearby businesses – 76% of smartphone users who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day.
- Be easily reachable – 60% of smartphone users have used the “click to call” option to contact a business directly.
- Downloading an app is a hassle – 50% of smartphone users use a website’s mobile page to avoid downloading their app.
- Promote relevant products – 63% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies who recommend relevant products.
- Make it personal – 58% of smartphone users feel more favourably towards sites that remember who they are and past behaviours.
Local SEO Stats
- Support Local – 46% of all Google searches are for a local business or service.
- Local conversions – 28% of local searches result in a purchase.
- Everyone loves local – 97% of Google users search for local businesses.
- Monthly – 54% of all google users search for local businesses every month
- Daily – 12% search every single day!
Ranking SEO Stats
- Big slice of pie – The first five organic results account for 67% of all clicks.
- It’s not a sprint – Only 5.7% of pages on the first page of Google are within first year of publication
- It’s a marathon – Nearly 60% of pages on the first page of Google are at least three years old.
- Think big – The average top-ranking page also ranks in the top ten for around 1000 other keywords.
- Off-page is important – Companies with blogs get 97% more links to their website.
Google SEO Stats
- They dominate at home – Over 86% of desktop searches use Google.
- They dominate on the go – Nearly 95% of mobile searches use Google.
- “I’ll Google it”– Approximately 63,000 searches are conducted on Google every second. That’s 5.6 billion, every single day.
- Not just once – A survey found that 84% of respondents use Google at least three times a day.
- Room for improvement – More than 50% of searches end without a click.
Google is pretty smart, and it knows when people are trying to trick it. The algorithm is also constantly updated. The best way to make sure Google likes your website is by simply making helpful, relevant content, and making sure it’s well designed.